COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Update
Due to the current situation with regards to COVID-19, we are introducing additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our gym members, sports centre users and colleagues.
We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the advice provided by Public Health England (PHE) and the local authority.
We are fully committed to providing our members with a safe and hygienic space to exercise in and we are taking this situation extremely seriously. Our members of staff have been briefed on what actions and procedures they need to take to help monitor and reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
What additional measures are we taking?
In line with PHE guidance, we have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in our sports centre, including:
• On entry to the sports centre, visitors will be asked to complete a simple crib sheet in line with local authority guidance in schools
• Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitation in our sports centre, especially high touch areas such as pin pads, door handles, lockers, equipment etc.
• Ensuring soap dispensers and hand sanitisers remain filled
• Providing additional cleaning equipment in the gym area to allow members to self-clean equipment before and after use
• Educating and reminding members and colleagues of the importance of good hygiene
If we are notified of any issue in the sports centre, or if anyone associated with the sports centre or school contracts the virus, we will notify you immediately and undertake a full deep clean of the sports centre.
What can members do?
With the efforts of everyone, including our members, let’s work together to keep ourselves safe and healthy.
Members are encouraged to help reduce the spread of the virus through good personal hygiene. This includes:
• Frequent hand washing (wash your hands for 20 seconds) and hand sanitising during your visits
• Making full use of the soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available
• Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue in the bin after use
• Familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from PHE and do not visit the gym if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are advised to self-isolate
• Follow Government guidance if you are a returning traveller
Currently are there any cases confirmed by anyone associated with our sports centre or school?
No. We currently have no reported cases of anyone associated with the sports centre or school testing positive for COVID-19. We aim to operate as normal and will provide an update here if this changes.
We understand that people are concerned about the COVID-19. We are monitoring the situation closely and we will continue to provide as much advice, care and support as we can to our members/sports centre users.
If you have tested positively for COVID-19 and have used the gym recently, please contact us immediately on 07983430970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handsworth Grange Sports Centre Team